« "Burn Baby Burn" | Iconoduel | "'Let's hope this party never ends'" »

August 1, 2005

Summer's Slow Drip

Rabbit rabbit, all.

Nothing terribly spectacular to share this stuffy Monday morn—just a couple quick hits of Chicago blog news:

Reluctant Adoptees?

Quite a while back, an emailer offered a heads up on a shiny new Chicago art blog. It's primed for the blogroll as soon as the proprieters (who appear to frequent the Art Letter message board) get beyond mere introductions:

We've been surviving summertime in Chicago, much like surviving winter, only in reverse. My friend Glitch and I held off starting this blog about art as long as we could. Will it be of any use? Interest? What salaciousness will flow? It's moot. We are here, among the hundreds of thousands. I will try to keep this blog on-topic to visual art, though sometimes diversions may sneak in. I hate that. But it happens.
It's the age of art blog journalism. Who doesn't want a piece of that?Expect the free exchange of ideas, thoughts &c. anon.

Indeed it is summer, so I suppose patience is in order, but consider this early link a bit of prodding encouragement.

Back From (gulp) Indiana?

Its been in the cards since February and now, as if to answer the question "where have you been?", Folding Chair has posted a brief testament to wedded bliss from somewhere backside of the Skyway.

If I understand how these things generally work, this doesn't likely portend an immediate return to Blogiana. But the post does offer a sign of life in any event.

(And again, these dog days of summer and all...)

"Summer's Slow Drip"
Posted by Dan at 11:14 AM

Comments

I probably shouldn't write this, but: OMG! I had no idea other people knew about Rabbit Rabbit day!

Posted by: JL on August 1, 2005 at 02:01 PM

> OMG! I had no idea other people knew about Rabbit Rabbit day!

And there you probably thought it was just your own private pathology all these years.

BTW, I understand that some folks prefer the phrase "white rabbit" for their first-of-the-month ritual.

I mean, really... how foolish is that?!

Posted by: Dan on August 1, 2005 at 05:03 PM

OMG! Even old folk like me know about rabbit rabbit day!

Posted by: Gloria Hopewell on August 2, 2005 at 08:53 AM

I learned of it from someone who had been told about it by someone else, and it was never clear to me that it hadn't originated very far from that source. To hear that others know of it as well, I'm . . . at a loss for words, I'm sorry.

I have only once ever in my life managed to say it first thing on the first, though.

Posted by: JL on August 2, 2005 at 10:02 AM

gosh, u did yo' rezearch pritty gud. i wonder if slowmo knows hiz lazy ass posts have been documented thus far. p'raps given this added pressure we might actually say somet o' value. personally this stalking hoss iz waitin for somethin to get riled about b'fore stepping into a owrld of shit. peace out iconodool, and props to ya.

Posted by: glitch on August 7, 2005 at 12:32 AM

Referenced in this post:

Art Letter
Art Letter Forum: User Details—glitch
Art Letter Forum: User Details—slowmo
Art or Idiocy: In Brief
Folding Chair: How was the wedding?
Folding Chair: on a personal note...
Harrumph! rabbit rabbit